Re: NetBSD vs FreeBSD

On 08/04/2011 01:07 PM, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
Can you explain the audit part? I don't know what you mean.

pkg_admin fetch-pkg-vulnerabilities

pkg_admin audit

(oh I have much to upgrade :)

Some NetBSD developers maintain a text file listing packages that have
vulnerabilities. audit-packages (the old name) is used to compare your
installed packages with that list. The output gives a very short keyword
description and a URL for details (for every match).

That's interesting. Thanks.

2. isolates dependencies so that dangling or hidden dependencies just
do not happen.

Can you explain this part? I'm a noob to all BSD.

One way is creating wrappers and symlinks for much of the dependencies
and then forcing the build to use them instead.

(Not BSD specific.)

I'm not overweight, I'm undertall.