Re: NetBSD vs FreeBSD

Hello Aleksej,

On 08/03/2011 09:47 AM, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
Another thing I didn't like in FreeBSD after getting acquainted with NetBSD,
is its ports. Having performed few critical upgrades of FreeBSD installations
I know pretty well where pkgsrc would have helped us not doing extra manual
work under hard time constraints.

I'd be interested in hearing about ports vs pkgsrc. I thought that they were largely the same thing with a different name because the word "port" already means something in NetBSD.

Daniel.
--
I'm not overweight, I'm undertall.