Re: Documentation 'flaws' - who to contact?

Hi,

> As I already stated I am new to NetBSD and therefore I am going
> through the documentation, which btw helps a lot.
>
> As I try to follow it, sometimes I find some 'flaws' and would like to
> inform the maintainer so he can sort it out (if possible) and make it
> easier for newcomers like me.
>
> As an example, I am right now going through 'The pkgsrc guide'. In
> chapter "4.1.2. Installing binary packages" you are told about the
> command 'pkg_admin audit' but if you run it right after a clean
> install (as I did) you will get an error. The solution is found later
> on in chapter "4.1.5. Checking for security vulnerabilities in
> installed packages" but newcomers might not get that far if they get
> errors and get frustrated.
>
> If any maintainer reads this and thinks this useful I am willing to
> report any other 'flaws' i find.
I think the easiest way to do so is to write diffs and fill PRs for them.

> If this is not the right place/list to say this, who can i contact?
Might be that you have a look at netbsd-docs%netbsd.org@localhost, which is the
documentation mailing list (though rather low-traffic). But perhaps better
suited than -users.

Btw: May I point you to the NetBSD hackathon from 10th to 14th August? The
initial request is here:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2011/07/20/msg008557.html
My goal is explicitly to address documentation, so you're welcome to take
part. :)
There will be an announcement mail the next few days (or, hopefully, hours).
Anyway, if you don't have time for that specific date, I would be thankful if
you send me suggestions what could be done in the hackathon.

Regards, Julian