Re: Little help about named needed

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 10:50:28PM -0400, Steven Bellovin wrote:
> > The latest BIND in "netbsd-5" enables DNSSEC by default. This caused
> > problems for me when I was using upstream name servers. Without them
> > it works fine.
>
> What sort of problems?

Lots of messages like these:

Mar 16 15:51:45 colwyn named[151]: error (broken trust chain) resolving
'www.goggle.de/A/IN': 216.239.38.10#53
Mar 16 15:51:45 colwyn named[151]: error (broken trust chain) resolving
'www.goggle.de/A/IN': 216.239.36.10#53

And as a result name resolution mostly stopped working.

> > You can of course also put "dnssec-enable no;" in the global options
> > section of "named.conf".
> >
> We should certainly build it with support included; whether or not
> it should be turned on by default is of course another matter.

Let me correct my statement a bit:
The "named.conf" that we ship has it enabled by default. I don't think
the binary has.

        Kind regards