Little help about named needed

Hi!

I am using NetBSD 4.0-5.1 everywhere. But only one box (recent NetBSD 5.1)
is causing problems to me with its named(8) daemon. Occasionaly named seems
to hang up very deeply, not responding to any questions, even to SIGTERM.

Named is chrooted, I have found no core file around and log files are empty.
Although this box is blocked from internet, working only as caching nameserver
for local net.

Once I have tried to enable some more logging, but it overfilled my filesystem
before problem occured.

Two questions about it: Does somebody met something similar? And maybe some
can tell me right words for config-file to debug it properly?

--
Sincerelly yours