Zope, Plone, etc: pkgsrc vs upstream source?

Not really a technical query as much as an RFC. How do folks feel and
think as to the relative merits of installing Zope and Zopeish
products from either a) NetBSD pkgsrc or b) the original upstream
sources themselves?

I have done the latter in the past, but I wonder if I may be missing
something ( or a lot) in terms of usability, learning curve,
portability to new versions etc.

Thoughts? Hopes? Fears? <g>

--
No no no, my fish's name is Eric, Eric the fish. He's an halibut. I am
not a looney! Why should I be tarred with the epithet looney merely