Re: install over FreeBSD

Hi,

On Jun 4, 2011, at 7:14 AM, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 08:31:13PM -0400, Al Zick wrote:
Hi,

I want to install NetBSD on a FreeBSD 7 (intel dual-core) system
without physical access to the server. At one time, I though that
FreeBSD used the same filesystem as NetBSD. Can someone tell me if
that is still true or is there away to create a NetBSD filesystem
from FreeBSD? Also, is there a how to on this kind of install
somewhere?

Do you have any unpartitioned or spare space on your FreeBSD
system?  If so, I can guide you through a procedure that is
far from simple, but will work.  If not, I think you will need
to find a way to boot from the network or from installation media
to get your install going.

I can use the swap partition. Please provide more information on doing this.

Also, from what I read I can use grub to boot from the network if there is no other way. Would this be a good option?

Thanks,
Al