sects/cyls/head Sata drive

Hi,

I'm trying to install NetBSD 5.1 on sata using an Asus A7V8X mainboard
and using the Stripe option of the Sata/RAID connector. For Debian it
works, but NetBSD tells me it can't detect the disk properly so it asks
for the number of sectors, heads and cylinders to determine the correct
size.
So far, I've given it some default values which gives me 76 of the 80GB.
A problem of which I don't know whether it's related to this or not, it
the fact that upon boot, after detecting all the other hardware, it asks
what the bootdisk is. No input = no booting of NetBSD. So after giving it
wd0 as bootdisk, it boots ok.
So my questions are:
-how can I determine what the correct disk parameters are
-how can I fix the boot problem so I won't have to input the correct disk/
slice anymore
I've come across an (old?) utility that seemingly only works on Windows,
but apparently also only works for disks no larger than 8GB.

Thanks.