Internal SATA controllers

I have a system with not-enough SATA ports on the motherboard. Since we don't currently support "port expanders", I'd like to add in a couple extra SATA ports. Two additional ports is enough, although more ports would be preferred. I don't need RAID, so not really looking to spend extra for it.

I've found a couple of products on-line

http://www.satasite.com/pci-express-sata-ii-raid-controller.htm
http://www.startech.com/product/PEXSATA22I-2-Port-PCI-Express-Internal-SATA-Controller-Card

But would like suggestions/recommendations from people who are actually using these (or similar) products.

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |