Re: Does any kind soul know how to get speedtest.net mini working with apache on netbsd?

On 03/17/2011 03:23 PM, matthew sporleder wrote:
On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Jason Mitchell<jmitchel%bigjar.com@localhost>
wrote:
On 03/17/2011 08:05 AM, matthew sporleder wrote:
On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 5:37 PM, Jason Mitchell<jmitchel%bigjar.com@localhost>
  wrote:
Hello,

    I'm trying to get the Speedtest.net mini app
(http://www.speedtest.net/mini.php) running on a netbsd box running
4.0.1. I just installed apache22 and the download portion of the test
works fine, but the upload hangs. There's a file, troubleshooting.txt
which says:

***********************************
*** Apache using PHP ***
Apache on some distributions disallow POST requests over 512K. This will
cause the upload portion of the test to
hang on faster connections.

To correct this problem:
  - Open php.conf or php.ini
  - Find LimitRequestBody and remove that line
  - Restart Apache (/etc/init.d/httpd restart)

***********************************

I can't find php.ini. I've run in to the same problem on Ubuntu
as well, so I think the speedtest.net documentation is out of date, but
I don't know what else to change. The test uses flash and is available
here:

(snip)
Look for your php.ini in /usr/pkg/etc

By default there's no php.ini created when you install Apache. I created one
and took settings from another NetBSD machine that runs this app without
error and it didn't help. The box that works is Apache 1.3.x on NetBSD. I'm
wondering whether to try downgrading Apache first or to look for another
setting in php.ini.

Well you need to also install mod_php.

http://pkgsrc.se/www/ap-php

That was it. Clearly I was way too tired -- sorry for the noise.