Re: Is there the suitable XServer for intel HD graphics based graphicscontroller.

Hi,

> I obtained a laptop terminal which has intel HD graphics based
> graphics controller, and I plan to install & use NetBSD operating
> system on this machine.
> If possible, I'd like to use NetBSD with X window system.
> But eventually, I could not find the way to install nowadays X window
> system's suitable server programs.
>
> Is there any case of that X window system run on the machine which
> graphics controller is based on intel HD, Core i7-620UM.
>
> Developping organization of X was drastically changed...
I think nobody answered yet because your mail seems a bit... weird...
trollish.

Xorg is included in NetBSD and contained in the x*.tgz-sets, thus you can
install it with any distribution you download.
Additionally, you can build X yourself from pkgsrc with
x11/modular-xorg-server.

I don't know exactly about the i7-620, but I read of people running NetBSD on
their Thinkpad X201, which has this processor, so you should be able to run X.

Regards, Julian