Re: Is there a way to increase the number of the vnd devices?

I'm pretty sure you also need to change the kernel config from:

pseudo-device   vnd                     # disk-like interface to files

To something like:

pseudo-device   vnd         12         # disk-like interface to files

Then recompile/reboot.

-Dustin