Re: Is there a way to increase the number of the vnd devices?

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011, Max León wrote:
I have Xen running on a quad core, but I'm able only to bring up 3 domU and
obviously the dom0.
When I try to load up another VM I get this error:

root@core:>#xm create /home/vms/run/web-server/xen.cfg
Using config file "/home/vms/run/web-server/xen.cfg".

Error: Device 1 (vbd) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.

I google a bit and the VBDs are tied to the VNDs, please correct me if I'm
wrong.  If I'm not I should be able to load more devices (virtual disks) by
increasing the VNDs on the host.

Try this:

cd /dev
sh MAKEDEV vnd4 vnd5 vnd6 vnd7 vnd8 vnd9 vnd10 vnd11

--
Stephen