Re: Videocard

On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 12:18:21AM +0300, Dima Veselov wrote:

> [...]

[ripped]

> > > I would advise against recentish Evergreen (ATI Radeon 58xx-59xx) chips.

[ripped]

> > maybe the best is a not-so-modern radeon, supported by readeonhd(4) ?
>
> I have bought Radeon 4350 as advised a bit before. It works on 5.1_STABLE,
> but
> no kernel DRI, no X Extensions are loaded. So mplayer runs 1-2 fps.

Additionally, I've compiled my kernel with radeondrm. Kernel says:

vga0 at pci1 dev 0 function 0: vendor 0x1002 product 0x954f (rev. 0x00)
radeondrm0 at vga0: ATI Radeon HD 4350
radeondrm0: Initialized radeon 1.29.0 20080613

But running X make computer reboot immediately, even if DRI is not loaded in
xorg.conf.

I don't know if its important, but since box have an internal card it also says:

pchb0: vendor 0x8086 product 0x2770 (rev. 0x02)
agp0 at pchb0: can't find internal VGA device config space

and no agp is connected to actual working Radeon.

Also, box is running Xen, maybe that is important too?

--
Sincerelly yours