Re: nis client and shadow passwords

At 11:11 Uhr +0100 19.01.2011, theo borm wrote:
>I'm tring to set up a NetBSD NIS client. The server stores encrypted
>passwords in a shadow passord file

Let me guess: The server runs some Linux OS?

The Linuxes' /etc/shadow and the NetBSD /etc/master.shadow have very
different structure. You'd have to script producing a server side
equivalent of master.passwd, and have /var/yp/Makefile render a
master.passwd.db from that.

        hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281