Re: Motherboard chipset for NetBSD 5.1

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 12:09:08AM +0100, Morten Gulbrandsen (Java programmer)
> I have this motherboard in my mind:
> GA-870A-UD3 (rev. 2.1)
> I will continue to use my 3COM NIC and purchase a standard NVidia
> Video card, sometimes new computers or newer hardware components has
> problems with both linux and BSD.
> Are there anything known about NetBSD and the HCL Hardware
> Compatibility List. I want to run latest 32 and 64 bits NetBSD and I'd
> like to deploy some OpenGL graphics for the video card.
> Which Motherboard can you safely recommend; given a six core AMD
> Phenom II CPU?

I am running a AMD Phenom X2 on an ASUS M4A88T-M LE running /amd64.  I
have not tested the on-board audio or video, but the other on-board
peripherals are supported and the system appears to run well.  attached
is my dmesg and output of cpuctl identify.

it builds the NetBSD-5 world in roughly an hour (MKPROF=no, MKLINT=no).
I imagine a six-core could do better.  (it is CPU bound at numerous
points during the compiles.)

  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." |