[no subject]

BSD Users's Discussion List" <>, NetBSD/i386
on List <>
Subject: AW: Re: NetBSD-5.1 running under Parallels VM on Mac OS X
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 15:44:23 +0100

Would be interesting to see how the build performs under Xen PV - i hardly =
assume that will bring the most out of the hardware.

But OK,
i mainly use XEN / Linux or XEN NetBSD on my Mac 8.1 with netBSD on top and =
Mac OSX partly on VirtualBox / partly on the bare metal. Newer XENs are =
equipped with USB too (but i don't use it very strongly).

Generally the VirtualBox developement goes relatively fast since several =
monthes and my experiences until now is that there are no significant =
performance differencies between Parallels, VMware and Virtualbox on Mac =
OSX with Intel i7  - but (especially IO) it often hardly depends from a =
"optimum" virtual hardware configuration which seems guest OS =

Runnig Mac OSX under XEN would be a nice thing for me, but i didn't get =
runnig it as i expect it until today.

Hope this doesn't get to off topic here...