Re: Restart services after upgrade

  sometimes I use to upgrade my pkgsrc packages using the
  "pkg_rolling-replace -u". It works perfectly but sometimes some
  services start to behave in a weird mode because they've been upgraded
  and not restarted.

Besides what Aleksej suggested, one could have 'make replace', or really
in the modern world 'pkg_add -U' know about rc.d scripts and do the
equivalent of

/etc/rc.d/foo forcestatus # before upgrade
if status=running /etc/rc.d/foo forcerestart # after

I have the same issue, but it's not really about pkg_rr - manual use of
the underlying make replace would have the same issue.