Re: More persistent device names when using wedges & raidframe?

On Thu, Dec 09, 2010 at 08:30:07AM +0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
> I have a patch to mount(8) that looks up the device name from
> the wedge name, but people didn't like it.

This is not exactly how I remember the thread. Anyway, unless someone
comes with something better soon enough, I think your patch should go in.
We badly need this functionality (I'm about to setup a server with
2 large filesystems, and the volatile wedge device name is a show

Manuel Bouyer <>