Re: NetBSD Wishlist

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 04:41:26PM +0100, MTS Consult wrote:
> Hello,
> Here my wishlist for NetBSD 6.0 to have more fun using it (and really
> using it and not switching to other systems):

Ok,
here is some (not so technical) input - in my case its the lack of the
top-features what makes me use NetBSD.

I tried it first on an old laptop just to overcome the low speed and
memory of the Thinkpad 600. Soon I found out that the filesystem, the
libraries, package system and the clear environment is all I need. Its a
Unix out-of-the-box what does exactly what I want. Even better - the
packages work well and rarely get tangled up with outdated dependencies.

Honestly - its the first Unix environment I was able to install, get the
binaries, adapt it to my needs and forget about the OS.

For my next server I will switch from Slackware and FreeBSD also over to
NetBSD. It keeps me focused on functionality and the projects. It doesnt
require all the attention for the ongoing development of the Gurus.

Well done!
herb langhans

--
sprachtraining langhans