Re: Understanding pf with FTP on IPv6

On Sat 20 Nov 2010 at 10:11:37 +0100, Philip Dodd wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 21:43:05 +0200, Philip Dodd
> <> wrote:

> >I am running a dual-stack host that I'm currently seeing a strange
> >issue (or at least an issue I don't understand :) ) with outgoing
> >(client) FTP connections over IPv6.
> >Basically my pf.conf contains a "block in all" at the start and a
> >bunch of rules that allow some stuff to connect on regular ports
> >inbound.

I recall reading on one of the netbsd lists that pf simply doesn't work
properly with IPv6. (Of course I didn't keep a reference, but google
``pf ipv6'' gave me this:

I was planning to change from "old-fashioned" ipf to "modern" pf, but
when I read that, I just decided to forget about pf.

___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- There's no point being grown-up if you
\X/ rhialto/at/    -- can't be childish sometimes. -The 4th Doctor