Re: NetBSD 5.1_RC4

* Michael <bsd4me%cableone.net@localhost> [2010-11-04 12:52:24 -0600]:

> * Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> [2010-11-04 18:06:55 +0100]:
>
> > I have a 486 machine with 32MB RAM. It is quite hapilly running -current
> > (but with a custom, stripped down, kernel). I should test booting an
> > official
> > i386 install CD on it (my guess: 32MB is tough, but enough for that to
> > work).
> >
> > Martin
>
> Thanks for all the info guys.
> I'll d/l RC4 and see how it goes/works. This 450mhz has 256 megs ram, so I
> assume w/o X, it should be fine.
>
> God's best
> Mike
> --

Installed RC4 two different times while learning the installation process.
Did some hair-pulling while trying to figure out how to download pkgs only to
finally realize I had installed csh for root shell instead of sh. Don't know
how that happened, but I did. Once I got that changed, things went a lot
smoother :)
Now, RC4 is installed and running quite nicely. I am used to OpenBSD and
FreeBSD, so a bit of learning curve.
Now I can say "great job" to you devs and I'm looking forward to 5.1 :)

A first time installer and user
Mike