Re: raidframe

On 25 Aug 2010, at 16:13, Patrick Welche wrote:

> One of my raidframe mirror disks had unrecoverable errors. Running seatools
> fixed them (aside: would you return a 500G SATA disk if it had 64 errors?).

Did you check whether it is still under warranty? My 500GB Seagate hard disks
have 5 years warranty and recently ordered a replacement for one of them
which was more than two years old.

> The question now is, is the parity really alright? raidctl -p and -P say it
> is, but should I fail the disk and reconstruct it just to be sure? (There
> isn't a *really* verify parity option to raidctl is there?)

Why was the disk not dropped out of the RAID 1 in the first place?
This definitely happened on my system when one of the disks broke down.

        Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                           http://zhadum.org.uk/