Re: Installing NetBSD on Virtual Box

On 8/11/10 9:47 AM, Daniel Carrera wrote:
On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 6:12 PM, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:
search "-norawr0"

Thanks for the help. No, sadly, it doesn't work. And I've spent a
while googling to figure out exactly what these --norawr0 --norawr3,
etc flags mean, and I swear I can't find it. The only flags I can find
documented are the ones here:

http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch08.html

I've tried a few more random combinations. For example, MINIX 3
requries "--norawr0 --norawr3". But without some documentation for
these flags, or some understanding of what went wrong with NetBSD, I'm
just flying blind.

I really don't want to ask any RTFM questions. I just can't find the FM :-)

Cheers,
Daniel.

Hi Daniel,

I'm sleep deprived, so may have missed it, but I don't think I saw what version of VirtualBox you're using. I do know that versions early in the v3.x range had all kinds of problems with NetBSD. I'm running all kinds of different NetBSD (and BSD in general) versions under 3.2.6, quite happily.

HTH,

Mike.