Re: unionfs and kernel core dumps

On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 10:42:18PM +0000, Taylor R Campbell wrote:
> (I am not subscribed to this list, so please cc me in replies.)
>
> I would like to use unionfs for various purposes.

Good luck.  Have you noticed some of the oddities about file and
directory search and creation yet?

The original Ficus paper described unionfs as not-ready-for-prime-time,
the DMFS paper describing the fixes that made our stacking filesystems
work at all said the same thing, and it's basically still true today.

Thor