Re: postgresql 8.4 semaphores ...

On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 08:10:00AM -0400, Christos Zoulas wrote:
|Which syscall returns ENOSPC or the error you are observing. But the
|answer is probably in a later mail. postgress does not clean up when
|exiting, so ipcs will show you what it left behind and ipcrm will let
|you cleanup.

I tried several different combinations of semaphore settings without
much success ... on a whim I tried installing a scratch 5.0.2 host with
postgresql84 from pkgsrc 2010Q1 to a spare 80GB HDD in the same laptop
and it worked without any system tweaking at all ...

Am beginning to suspect my oldish -current kernel might be at fault so
updating my build environment and will try again with that ...

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch%mjch.net@localhost                                                left