Re: best way of logging on flash based systems

matthew sporleder <msporleder <at>> writes:
> I wrote this a little while ago:
> and it needs some updating (especially on the mail advice, etc) but it
> might give some hints about syslog and var.

Thanks again for pointing to this reference on the other thread Matthew.

Let me try to understand the advantage of the mfs/union method that you
suggest there.  With that method anything that the system writes to /var/log
or /var/run ultimately ends up written to the swap partition so that it will
persist through a reboot... correct?  But *scratching my head trying to figure
this out* how can that work if the swap partition does not have a newfs'd