Re: postgresql 8.4 semaphores ...

On 06/06/10 03:46, Malcolm Herbert wrote:
I'm using -current version 5.99.15 and having trouble starting postgresql
version 8.4 from the pre-coompiled pkgsrc collection for 5.0.1_2009Q3.  The
start message reads as follows:

I'm not wanting to reduce the number of connections as 13 seems reasonable, so
I've attempted to use sysctl to increase these parameters but gotten similar
results:

|mawrth[~] 70v>: sysctl -a | grep sem
|kern.posix_semaphores = 200112
|kern.ipc.sysvsem = 1
|kern.ipc.semmni = 1024
|kern.ipc.semmns = 1024
|kern.ipc.semmnu = 1024
|kern.posix.semmax = 1024
|machdep.biosbasemem = 639

Has anyone managed to get PostreSQL working with this combination?

Try increasing kern.ipc.shmmax.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost