multiple RAID sets

I'm putting together a file server that will have two different (software) RAID
sets: the system set, composed of two disks in a RAID1 configuration, and a
data store composed of several disks in a RAID5 configuration.  I know how to
wire down the configuration to lock in wd0, wd1, etc.  But how do I ensure that
the proper set is raid0?  Turn off RAID autoconfig on the raid1 volumes?

                --Steve Bellovin,