Re: memove performance of NetBSD

Chuck Swiger <>:
> Hi--
> On Jan 22, 2010, at 1:07 AM, Channa wrote:
>> I am using NetBSD 3.1 ,I have some issues with the performance of memmove().
> You might find the following links of interest:
> well as a long, detailed thread around here:

Thanks you very much for the information i checked the links.
I am facing the problem for MIPS arch. In NetBSD5.0 also i checked,
they have a common
implementation for all archs in C.
However i tested the algorithm as below:

memmove(dst,src,sizeof(src) // Performance is good
memmove(dst,src+4,sizeof(src) // Performance is good since 'src' is aligned

If I perform memove as below:

memmove(dst,src + 1,sizeof(src) // Performance degrades
memmove(dst,src + 2,sizeof(src) // Performance degrades

since in the above calls of memmove() the source is unaligned.

I checked for the FreeBSD implementation too it dint help me.

Thanks & Regards,