Re: Netbook support - status update?

On Monday 04 Jan 2010 20:49:30 Michal Suchanek wrote:
> For 7" device I find something with touchscreen (and an USB port
>  for cases when you *really* need a keyboard or other peripherial)
>  more appropriate. The opensource support for writing on
>  touchscreens sucks, though.

Yeh... looking at the OLPC project I think that is about to change...

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/12/xo-3-concept-a-crazy-thin-
tablet-olpc-for-just-75/

So,  it matters not whether you like or dislike this project and
hardware.  Fact is that touch screens and open source desktops will
most likely become more commonplace.  Thanks to OLPC our next laptop
will have a touch screen if you want it.  Nice thing is that there's
so much mobile hardware out there now that you can just choose what is
good for you.  It wasn't like that some years ago.

--
Richard