Re: no clean unmount after shutdown -r (one disk, no RAID)

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 09:57:33AM +0100, Tobias Nygren wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:18:43 +0100
> Petar Bogdanovic <petar%smokva.net@localhost> wrote:
>
> >       /dev/wd0a: file system not clean (fs_clean=1); please fsck(8)
> >       /dev/wd0a: lost blocks 0 files 0
> >
> > # cat /etc/fstab
> >       /dev/md0a   /       ffs     rw
>
> You have omitted the fs_passno, so the filesystem won't be checked at
> startup. When an fs is mounted dirty it will remain dirty after unmount.
> See /usr/share/examples/fstab/*

I added `0 1' to /dev/wd0a and /dev/wd0b in /etc/fstab but the result is
the same:

        # dmesg | tail -n2
        /dev/wd0a: file system not clean (fs_clean=1); please fsck(8)
        /dev/wd0a: lost blocks 0 files 0

The output of a subsequent fsck, however, does not make any sense:

        # fsck /dev/wd0a
        ** /dev/rwd0a
        ** File system is clean; not checking

Should I just ignore the dmesg output?  That would feel terribly wrong. :)

                Petar Bogdanovic