Re: lib/42405: libc: getaddrinfo() should perform T_A lookups before T_AAAA lookups, was: Resolver problems

On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 06:37:29AM +0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
> Can we just decide on how to make this configurable?

Yes, please

> IMHO it shouldn't depend on kernel features or settings.

Indeed. It shouldn't have been necessary to compile a new kernel
to solve Ingo's problem.

> - Environment Variable?

That makes it hard to set a system wide default.

> - Configuration File?

> - Something else?

A softlink in "/etc" (like "malloc.conf")?

        Kind regards

Matthias Scheler