Re: Resolver problems

On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 11:05:11AM -0800, Chuck Swiger wrote:
> Trying to perform A lookups before you try AAAA lookups turns out to
> resolve almost all the problems users were experiencing,

It might cause new problems where IPv6 connectivity works better
than IPv4 e.g. because a NAT device on the network path is the bootleneck.
And yes, I have seen this situation where P2P users filled up the
routers NAT connection table.

> ... and so this became the default behavior on FreeBSD

Can we please make this configurable instead of switch from one
arbitrary default value to another one?

        Kind regards