Re: Looking for guidance on filesystem tuning

Greg A. Woods wrote:
At Fri, 20 Nov 2009 13:10:15 -0500, Dave B <>
Subject: Re: Looking for guidance on filesystem tuning
On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 11:54:50AM -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:
I'd say just use Cyrus IMAPd, and in addition I'd say avoid Dovecot, and
avoid Courier-imap, and especially avoid imap-uw.  I say this as a

  What about dbmail with dbmail-imapd?

Hmmm...  I've never heard of it until now.

In general it does worry me a lot though when anyone combines the
acronym "db" with the word "mail" as I fear the worst and suspect
they're trying to use a general-purpose relational database as their
hammer to solve all problems.  Even worse is when the excuse for using
an RDB for e-mail storage is that it offers SQL to the user.

Indeed I now see from the pgksrc description of mail/dbmail that this is
_exactly_ the kind of abuse I was worried about.

Hi, can you also comment on the (now probably abandoned) Binc IMAP?