Re: Corrupted file system or WAPBL problem with 5.0.1?

Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:

>> ---8<---
>> cygnus# ll -a
>> ls: imap/INBOX: No such file or directory
>> total 12
>> drwx------  3 info  users  512 Oct  2 21:23 .
>> drwxr-xr-x  3 info  users  512 Feb  7  2009 ..
>> drwx------  3 info  users  512 Feb  7  2009 .imap
>> -rw-------  1 info  users    0 Feb  7  2009 inbox
>> ---8<---
>>
>> No such file or directory? A ghost file? Perhaps the file system is
>> corrupted?
>
> Does it get listed by shell expansion when you do ll -d imap/* ?

---8<---
cygnus# ll -d imap/*
ls: imap/*: No such file or directory
---8<---

But when I type "ll -d im" in bash and press TAB, the path expands to
"imap/INBOX", although it doesn't exist. Strange.

> IMHO, I don't see how WAPBL could do that. I would rather look for
> faulty hardware, with silent on-disk/write data corruption. $ atactl
> <device> smart status.

Ohoh... that doesn't look good:

---8<---
cygnus# atactl wd0 smart status
SMART supported, SMART enabled
id value thresh crit collect reliability description                    raw
  1  57    6     yes online  positive    Raw read error rate
237315646
  3  97    0     yes online  positive    Spin-up time                   0
  4 100   20     no  online  positive    Start/stop count               0
  5 100   36     yes online  positive    Reallocated sector count       0
  7  84   30     yes online  positive    Seek error rate
312033624
  9  93    0     no  online  positive    Power-on hours count           6674
 10 100   97     yes online  positive    Spin retry count               0
 12 100   20     no  online  positive    Device power cycle count       60
194  49    0     no  online  positive    Temperature                    49
195  57    0     no  online  positive    Hardware ECC Recovered
237315646
197 100    0     no  online  positive    Current pending sector         0
198 100    0     no  offline positive    Offline uncorrectable          0
199 200    0     no  online  positive    Ultra DMA CRC error count      0
200 100    0     no  offline positive    Write error rate               0
202 100    0     no  online  positive    Data address mark errors       0
---8<---

Millions of errors. I should probably replace the disk... :|

--
    _  Frank Wille (frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost)
 _ //  http://sun.hasenbraten.de/~frank/