Re: Corrupted file system or WAPBL problem with 5.0.1?

Frank Wille wrote:
---8<---
cygnus# ll -a
ls: imap/INBOX: No such file or directory
total 12
drwx------  3 info  users  512 Oct  2 21:23 .
drwxr-xr-x  3 info  users  512 Feb  7  2009 ..
drwx------  3 info  users  512 Feb  7  2009 .imap
-rw-------  1 info  users    0 Feb  7  2009 inbox
---8<---

No such file or directory? A ghost file? Perhaps the file system is
corrupted?

Does it get listed by shell expansion when you do ll -d imap/* ?

I'm running the server since many years (started with 1.6.2, then 3.1, now
5.0.1). But I never saw this problem before. Could it be caused by enabling
WAPBL, which I did after having installed 5.0.1?

IMHO, I don't see how WAPBL could do that. I would rather look for faulty hardware, with silent on-disk/write data corruption. $ atactl <device> smart status.

What is the recommended fix? Should I force an fsck?

Yep.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost