Re: NetBSD 5.0.1 on Dell E6400

On Oct 11, 2009, at 6:03 AM, Tomáš Bodžár wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to use NetBSD on this laptop. I know that Intel WiFi 5100
is not supported yet,
but even my vga card (Intel 45 express) shows as not configured and
NIC is not offered during installation.
After installation I can start my NIC with dhclient command and I can
live for some time without wifi. But
what about X? I found this email
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-x11/2009/05/10/msg000494.html .Does
it mean
that I must install Intel driver from package to get my vga working?

It should work in NetBSD 5.1, which is due to be released soon. In the meantime, you can use a recent netbsd-5 build from

http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-5/200910090000Z/