Re: What X11 for Intel G45?

Hello,

I'm using a pretty old X.org from late October 2008[0]. My kernel
(5.99.5) is still using the original [pretty old] patch I did. AFAIK
there has been a few improvement since. There was an issue with large
display size, related to the AGP size not being properly probed, with
patch, not sure if it has been commited or not.

I'm not sure when has been 5.0 branched or if any pull-up request has
been done either. I've been lost the sync with NetBSD since the
beginning of the year, but things will be better in the future (I hope
so).

 - Arnaud

[0]:
% pkg_info| grep intel
xf86-video-intel-2.4.2 Modular Xorg Intel video driver
% pkg_info| grep xorg
[...]
modular-xorg-server-1.4.2 Modular X11 server from modular X.org
modular-xorg-apps-1.5 Modular Xorg application meta-package
modular-xorg-fonts-1.0 Modular Xorg font meta-package
modular-xorg-libs-1.0 Modular Xorg library meta-package