Re: dhcpcd(8) setup problems

At 17:38 Uhr +0200 05.10.2009, Hauke Fath wrote:
dhcpcd=YES      dhcpcd_flags="-d"

I gather that dhcpcd backgrounds itself right after being started,
then continues to try and acquire an IP address.

Short summary: Roy Marples pointed out to me that specifying an interface (like 'dhcpcd_flags="wm0"') changes dhcpcd's behaviour in the desired way. He sees the daemon backgrounding itself as useful default for mobile computing, but considers adding a flag to optionally change that.

        hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281