Re: can't locate ndiscvt, but have the man page installed

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 09:29:04PM -0700, Michael Litchard wrote:
> My current idea is to cross-compile for i386, and then installing
> compatability libraries as done in the Xen-Howto. Is this the right
> way to go about it?

The easier way is to just compile it from source:

cd src/usr.sbin/ndiscvt

edit the Makefile and remove the .if ${MACHINE_ARCH} == "i386" and .endif
lines around the PROG=   ndiscvt.

Then just "make" and it should work:

[/usr/src/usr.sbin/ndiscvt] martin@nelly > ./ndiscvt
Usage: ndiscvt [-O] [-i <inffile>] -s <sysfile> [-n devname] [-o outfile]
       ndiscvt -f <firmfile>
[/usr/src/usr.sbin/ndiscvt] martin@nelly > file ndiscvt
ndiscvt: ELF 64-bit MSB executable, SPARC V9, relaxed memory ordering, version
1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for NetBSD 5.99.17, not
stripped

However, the result of the conversion might be useless for your kernel (I
don't know if the ndis framework works at all in 64bit kernels).

Martin