Re: Problems in gnome 2.26 with 5.0 stable.

ficovh <> schrieb:
> Hi friends.
> Recently I setup a new IBM Thinkpad T61 with NetBSD 5.0 Stable (amd64
> port) and xorg from -current.
> I have gnome installed and working partially.
> I start gnome via .xinitrc script and xinit from the command line putting
> exec dbus-launch --exit-with-session gnome-session &
> Gnome start ok, but the appearence don't work fine and other fine
> programs, such as brasero.
> The famd daemon don't run, it say: "famd[3538]: can't register with
> portmapper." at the time to run "evince", per example.
> is here another tip for running it via .xinitrc or may need compile
> famd once more time.
> I can apreciate your advices.
> Regards.

The problem with fam is probably that you don't have rpcbind enabled.
You may do so by putting "rpcbind=YES" into /etc/rc.conf and running
"/etc/rc.d/rpcbind start" afterwards. This should probably be noted
in the INSTALL message of the fam package.

I don't think this is the cause of your problem, though. Which package(s)
did you install in order to install GNOME? Perhaps try meta-pkgs/gnome,
if you haven't already.

Dennis den Brok