Re: piixide: lost interrupts (Intel Atom Mini-ITX)

Tobias Nygren wrote:
On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 16:00:05 +0300
Teemu Rinta-aho <teemu%rinta-aho.org@localhost> wrote:

So, if you have any insights or nice ideas to try out to maybe fix
a possible software bug in NetBSD, or a way to prove that it is
a hardware problem, please let me know.

A faster CPU/motherboard may exercise the disks harder, and consume more
power when doing so. If you're using one of those embeddable mini-ITX
power supplies you might want to rule out voltage stability problems
by testing with an ATX power supply.

Thanks. Yesterday I tried the -current kernel, didn't change anything,
so I tried plugging in a 430W ATX PSU, thanks for pointing that out.

I didn't see any more lost interrupts, but as I managed to change
the piixide mode at the same time I am not sure which one did the trick -
bad testing process I seem to have. So, I am now back to the original
220W PSU (which I think should be enough!), original kernel and the
same BIOS settings and running a couple of builds. Let's see what happens...

(I already have a full ATX Core i7 system in a shopping basket. Will
not take this Mini-ITX-fake-SATA-s**t too much longer ;-))

Teemu