Filesystem info database tool

Hello all.

I'm looking for something that either isn't easy to search for, or I
don't know the right keywords.

I'd like to have some tool that scans my filesystems once in a while
and inserts all relevant data into a database (postgresql or mysql or
something). I don't really care about a nice graphical interface at
this point. Just something that does the scan, inserts the data, and
then I can build my own reports after that.

It probably wouldn't be that difficult to do using find or tree from
pkgsrc I guess.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andy