Re: weird IPv6 packet dropping with 6to4

On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 11:42:28PM -0400, Taylor R Campbell wrote:
> # /sbin/pfctl -s rules
> scrub in on ex0 all fragment reassemble
> scrub out on pppoe0 all max-mss 1440 fragment reassemble
> scrub on stf0 all max-mss 1024 fragment reassemble

I'm not very convinced about the usefulness of PF's scrubbing in general.
But there is no reason to limit the MSS of TCP connections here.
IPv6 requires to handle fragmentation via ICMP.

> block drop all

I don't think the

> pass quick on lo0 all flags S/SA keep state
> pass quick on pppoe0 inet proto ipv6 all keep state

This looks wrong. As a 6to4 host you can receive IPv6 packets from
different remote endpoints. I don't think that state keeping can
work here.

> As you can see, I have set up the usual MSS-clamping for PPPoE, and
> for IPv6 packets going through stf0,

You don't need MSS clamping for IPv6.

        Kind regards