Re: long time firefox & thunderbird problems

On Sun 16 Aug 2009 at 06:49:30 -0400, matthew sporleder wrote:
> I remember a tiny and blank window used to show up in firefox on osx
> as like an off-screen controller or something.  Using gimp to remedy
> your problem makes me suspect something in your gtk environment more
> than your firefox/thunderbird environment.

With ctwm (a window manager) I noticed that GTK programs open an extra
window as a parent of the 'normal' window but it is never reported to
the window manager. This messed up window grouping (used to associate
dialogs to their owner window). Maybe this plays a role here?

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert    -- You author it, and I'll reader it.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl      -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.