Re: RaidFrame with unequal size replacements

A related question Manuel (or others)

if 'repurposing' dk wedges on disks with existing GPT partition structure how deeply do you have to 'clean' the disk to prevent it being (re)detected as part of an old RAIDframe structure?

the raidframe manual page for raidctl talks about failing components, and adding components but not about REMOVING components as I can see.

And, since a GPT label is at the back of the disk, as well as the front of the disk, I'm not sure a dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rawdisk bs=8k count=1 is adequate to wipe state.

(or, that you even have to, given dkctl will remove wedge labels)

-G