Re: firefox-bin dumps core

Hi,
Reference:

Dave Tyson wrote:
> Hi Guys'n'Gals,
>
> Just installed firefox-bin from pkgsrc-2009Q1 on a NetBSD-5_STABLE system and
> it just seems to dump core:
>
> $ firefox-linux
> [1]   Segmentation fault (core dumped) "${prog}" ${1+"$...
>
> I seem to have the same issue with the openoffice binary :-(
>
> Linux emulation seems to be working OK as I can invoke /emul/linux/bin/bash
> and that runs fine. Is anyone else seeing this problem or found a way around
> it. Before the upgrade firefox-bin worked fine with NetBSD-4 so I guess I'm
> doing something stupid...
>
> Cheers,
> Dave

I read a similar thing on a FreeBSD list this morning.  I can't remember
which list off hand, but I made this note in my kernel config for later:

/* options      sem             # POSIX semaphores - man 4 sem
 *                              or /boot/loader.conf: sem_load="YES"
 *                              to avoid dump when running www/firefox35
 *                              after the install firefox FF3.5 welcome site
 *                              has an html5 video, which will crash.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey: BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com