From: matthew sporleder <msporleder%gmail.com@localhost>
Subject: Re: acpitz and powerd settings: Where can I find a tutorial?
To: "Super Biscuit" <super_bisquit%yahoo.com@localhost>
Cc: netbsd-users%netbsd.org@localhost
Date: Wednesday, June 10, 2009, 1:22 PM

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 4:09 AM, Super
Biscuit<super_bisquit%yahoo.com@localhost>
wrote:
> The laptop runs but it still gets to 170F and higher.
>
> I have apm, envsys, and powerd enabled in the /etc/rc.local file.

You usually want to put that stuff into /etc/rc.conf.  Also, you
should get a message in /var/log/messages when your laptop gets that
hot (or when any even occurs)

After you get that message it means a script in /etc/powerd/scripts/
was executed.

In your case sensor_temperature would probably happen, but it doesn't
look like it currently does anything so you might have to customize it
to slow down the cpu or whatever else you want it to do.

Matt