Re: problems with compat_linux and skype

On May 29, 2009, at 3:53 PM, Felix Resch wrote:
Hi,

i found a partly identical thread to the one mentioned above in pkgsrc-users
http://archive.netbsd.se/?ml=pkgsrc-users&a=2009-05&t=10577227

i also want to notice that i am talking about i386 on an intel cpu:

I've also have a problem with another commercial application I use compat_linux for, the NetBackup client. I noticed the problem since it was dependent on the df command working properly. Now since 5.0 RELEASE + the correct symlink of mtab, the NetBackup client starts fine and seems to communicate with the server as expected, but still fails out at some point. Sorry to say, I haven't had the time to continue investigate what goes wrong yet, thought... Maybe someone knows of more changes (4 -> 5) in compat_linux that might impact the linux applications? (I my case, I wonder if the applications running in compat_linux be able to access/read files from outside the emulation "root" (/emul/ linux/ ? If not, that would explain why the backup doesn't work...)

/P